MarketingProfs.com (subscription) You Need to Add Video to Your Personal Branding Strategy MarketingProfs.com (subscription) William Arruda, dubbed "the personal branding guru" by Entrepreneur, is a motivational speaker, talent-development...
|Scooped by Barry Deutsch|
As a consultant within the Vistage/TEC community, I am constantly evaluating social media opportunities to communicate with my followers, connections, and network.
Video has exploded onto the scene - both in terms of visibility and ease of use in creating content. Here's what the author of this article said about using video:
"Videos are much more likely than text pages to get that coveted page 1 slot, thanks to blended search. So, instead of focusing only on blogs, articles, and whitepapers, spend time creating a video bio or a series of thought-leadership videos. Doing so is your best opportunity to stand out from the pack and increase your influence."
Have you put your toe in the water as a speaker or trusted advisor to share your thought leadership yet?
Here's how I do it with an existing blog post of about 500 words which I've already written.
1. Create a powerpoint slide deck
2. Narrate the slidedeck using the recording function within powerpoint or a tool such as camtasia -2 to 3 minutes max.
3. Post the slidedeck to slideshare.net
4. Convert into a YouTube Video (automatically through Camtasia) and load into your YouTube Channel.
5. Strip off the audio and post to your Itunes Listing.
6. Share on your various social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
This entire process should take 2 hours initially and after you master it - perhaps 1 hour.
Do you have a short video you use on social media that conveys your thought leadership in your niche/area of expertise?
Social Media Coach to Vistage and TEC Speakers and Trusted Advisors
NOT a Vistage/TEC Speaker or Trusted Advisor, then be sure to visit our public blog on how to drive sales through social media, AND/OR our open discussion group on LinkedIn, Sales Through Social Media